• Culture Coaticook
  • Société d'histoire
  • Pavillon des arts
  • Musée Beaulne
  • Harmonie
  • Coatic'Art
  • Bibliothèque

Le Courant

| 21

TV Transvision Coaticook Inc


The charter for this business was given in February 1957. Cable and antenna were installed that same year on D'Avignon Hill.

The directors decided to move the antenna to another site once Channel 10 was added for viewing. This site was located on the 9th Range on Fernand Langevin's farm. This change took place in 1961. Transvision spent several thousand dollars in 1968 installing aluminum cable throughout the municipality.

In 1970, Marcel Denis bought up the entire Transvision service and officially named the business, Coaticook Transvision Incorporee. In 1972, Mr. Denis went about upgrading the system and bought the newest equipment available on the market in Quebec. Broadcasting originated from Chemin Fiset.

In 1975, the first local broadcast was transmitted.

In 1976, a committee for community television was formed and met in the Coaticook Town Hall. This room was provided rent free by the Equipment Council, Transvision Coaticook.

It is estimated that 93% of the population were cable subscribers. Coaticook Transvision is exclusive to Coaticook and meets the requirements of the Public Services Regulatory and the C.R.T.C.

Reference: L'Histoire de Coaticook, Rock Dandenault, 1976

Le Courant

Le Courant is published by the Society every year. Society's members, professional and amateur historian shared with the readers results of their searches. Articles are available in English and French. This publication received generous support from local sponsors that the Society wishes to thank with all it's gratitude.


Coaticook Historical Society

34 Main Stree East
Coaticook, Québec
(819) 849-1023

Opening Hours
Please call in advance of your visit to verify open hours.

Closed : Monday • Saturday • Sunday and public holidays
Entrance Fees : Free


Over 23,000 pictures from our weekly newspaper Le Progrès.
Copies of The Coaticook Observer 1928-1938 complete plus others of different dates.
Copies of the newspaper L'Etoile de l'Est from 1928 to 1938 (complete) and others bearing differents dates.
Copies of our weekly newspaper Le Progrès de Coaticook from 1971 to 2003.

Approximate number of objects in the collections: 23000

Research Services

We can find persons having stayed in our region or find the origin of certain houses or buildings.

Archival Records • Conservation or Restoration • Information Centre • Library
Other: Pictures researches by themes or newspaper clips related.
genealogy information

Thanks to our partners for their financial support